The holidays are usually a cheerful time of year full of festivities, fun, and family. However, it can be hard to enjoy the holidays or “be happy” if you just lost a loved one, or if this is your first holiday season without them. You might feel like something/someone is missing metaphorically and physically.
Just because your loved one can’t sit with you at the holiday dinner table anymore doesn’t mean you can’t honor his/her memory. At Evergreen Cemetery, we are in the business of honoring loved ones year-round, so we wanted to share with you some different ways you can include your loved ones during the holiday while still feeling joy during the season.
- Hang his/her stocking – Your loved one is always part of your family, so you can hang up his/her stocking like any other year. It’s a nice way to honor them, especially if this is your first year without him/her.
- Add a new ornament on the Christmas tree – Keep your loved one’s memory alive through a special ornament to honor him/her, whether it reflects his/her hobbies, passions or likes.
- Cook/bake his/her favorite holiday foods – If your dad loved your homemade pumpkin pie, continue to make it each year. It will bring you joy to make the dish knowing that it was loved by him and that you can share this food with loved ones each year.
- Volunteer– Volunteer at a place or organization he/she used to work at– this is a great way honor his/her legacy while also helping those in need during the holiday season.
- Donate – Make a donation in his/her name to a cause to keep his/her memory alive.
- Take a trip – Visit your loved one’s favorite places to go on the holidays whether it was a ski mountain, a Christmas store, a holiday market, etc.
- Make a toast – Mention your loved one during your holiday toast and have everyone share a special memory of him and her to make you all feel a little better.
Need a Funeral Home in Jacksonville, Florida?
We know it can be very hard to get through the holidays after losing someone we loved so dearly and who we enjoyed spending the holidays with. We hope our above suggestions can help make the holiday season feel a little less heavy for you.
As a funeral home in Jacksonville, our team at Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory knows every family has different needs, and we have the expertise and skills to meet your needs when planning a funeral. We want to help you honor your loved one’s final wishes, even during the holiday season.
Whether you’re looking for a burial or cremation or other services, we will work with you from start to finish throughout this process in your time of need. We know this is a difficult time, and we want to make this process as easy and seamless for you as possible, especially since you are likely already busy and stressed from other holiday planning and events
Planning a funeral and/or cremation and burial can be overwhelming, especially since you’re still processing the loss, and our experts at Evergreen Cemetery know how to help you through this process.
We have served the Jacksonville community since 1880. We provide personalized and meaningful funeral services in Jacksonville and cremation services in Jacksonville to our clients in the community.
If you have any questions about funerals, cremations or burials, please ask us. We want to help you during this difficult time.
If you’re looking for a funeral home in Jacksonville, Florida, Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory can help you with the process every step of the way. Call us at 904-353-3649 for more information, or visit our funeral home Jacksonville, FL contact page.