When a loved one dies, the last thing you want to do is plan the funeral. You’ve got so many thoughts swirling around in your head – a funeral is a lot to deal with. However, a funeral is a great way to honor and celebrate a loved one’s life. It’s a “see you later,” sentimental event to the one who has passed. A funeral is also a great way to incorporate religious and/or cultural traditions into a proper send off.
There is no “right” or “wrong” way to put together a funeral. Each funeral is special and unique. Funeral service options are unlimited. For this blog post, we wanted to share with you some tips for putting together a nice funeral for a loved one. We hope this list helps with you the decision-making process.
Tips for Planning A Great Funeral for a Loved One
- Play your loved one’s favorite music in the background or as part of a selection during the service.
- Create a table with your loved one’s favorite things. From a bowling ball and ballet shows to junk food or a pair of skis, you can share with everyone little pieces of this person and what he/she loved.
- Display photos. Whether in a collage, slideshow, or framed photos, this is a great way to show everyone this person at different times in his/her life.
- Allow guests to speak if they want to share a special memory or story of your loved one.
- During the eulogy or a more casual speech, use humor. Make friends and family laugh with fun stories of your loved one to lighten the mood.
- Serve your loved one’s favorite food and drinks – it is a great way to honor your loved one. Close friends and family will understand and appreciate the food choices!
- Do a send-off with doves or butterflies to symbolize peace.
- If your loved one was Irish, Scottish, or worked in the fire department, arrange for bagpipes to be played for a special touch.
- Choose your loved one’s favorite flowers to display at the services.
- Have guests write down their special memory with the loved one on a card – these can possibly be read out loud later but will be treasured by the family.
Looking for a Funeral Homes in Jacksonville, Florida?
Every tip above is a way for you and all the guests to connect to your love one who is no longer with us. A funeral is personal, so feel free to add whatever you need to make the even reflect your loved one. Whether its food, photos, gift bags, music, an open mic, or lighting lanterns into the night sky, put together what you need to properly send off your loved one. We hope these tips help you during this hard time.
As a funeral home in Jacksonville, Fl, we know every family has different needs. We have the resources, skills, and experience to meet your needs. We will work with you to put together a funeral service that includes your religious and/or cultural traditions, along with your personal preferences. We will work to fit your budget.
We would be honored to have you and your loved ones at Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory for your loved one’s funeral service. We provide personalized and meaningful services to all our clients in the Jacksonville community.
If you’re looking for funeral home Jacksonville, Fl, let our team at Evergreen help you with the process. We look forward to talking with you about options to accommodate you and your family. Call us at 904-353-3649 for more information, or visit our contact page. We are happy to serve your needs whether you use Evergreen Cemetery or any other resting place of your choice.