Whether expected or unexpected, no one can truly prepare for the death of a loved one. With death, there comes many emotions such as sadness, loneliness, anger, conflict, despair, etc. After losing someone, we can easily lose touch with family and friends due to our own grief. Our closest loved ones can become distant and we can end up feeling even more alone. This loneliness makes us feel like we lost many people instead of just one.
Although it may be hard to maintain friendships while processes a loss, we wanted to share with you a few ways you can better stay close with friends and family after the death of a loved one.
- Technology is your friend – With the click of a button, you can easily catch up with loved ones without much ever. You can send a private message, share photos, post publicly, or start a group chat to keep in touch.
- Monthly events – Seeing friends after a loss may be overwhelming, even if you do miss them. Take small steps. Start by scheduling a monthly event to see friends and/or family, whether it’s a dinner or a BBQ to keep in touch and maintain relationships.
- Make plans on important dates – Prioritize important dates like birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries to maintain relationships. You don’t have to do anything big – just grabbing an ice cream for a friend’s birthday goes a long way.
- Make lists – Write down a list of people you want to stay in touch with. By looking at the list, you will always remember who to check in with.
- Reach out – No matter how long has passed, it’s never a bad idea to reach out by a call or message. Let your friend or family member know how much you regret not staying in better touch and how you want to get together to better your relationship.
After a loved one dies, it is important to grieve and take care or ourselves. Everyone grieves differently. Maintaining relationships can be hard after a loss, but it can also help us heal. Use the tips above to help maintain good relationships in your life so you don’t lose them, as well.
Looking for a Funeral Home in Jacksonville, Florida?
As a Jacksonville, Florida, funeral home, our team at Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory know every family has different needs, and we have the expertise and skills to meet your needs. Whether you’re looking for a burial or cremation, we will work with you to start the process in your time of need. We want to help you through this difficult time. We understand you are going through a lot of emotions, and we will help you through the process every step of the way.
If you have any questions about funerals, cremations or burials, please reach out to us. We believe in providing people with a wealth of information on many different topics, and we welcome all questions.
If you’re looking for a funeral home in Jacksonville, Florida, our team at Evergreen can help you with the process. We are honored to help you with any funeral, cremation, and cemetery options.904-353-3649 for more information, or visit our funeral home Jacksonville, FL contact page.