Whether it’s for yourself or a loved one, preplanning a funeral is one of the best and smartest things you can do for your family and loved ones. If someone dies without a plan in place, it can be a n overwhelming process for those grieving. Of course, many unexpected and premature deaths occur, which no planning has been done for, but if you are getting older it’s a good idea to set up some things for yourself or help a loved one with his/her plans.
Many people actually don’t know you can plan ahead for funerals and these types of arrangements. When planning, you will meet with a funeral director, here are some questions you should ask him/her.
- Why should I preplan? Once you’re gone, you don’t have to worry about any arrangements, but your loved ones will. They will be grieving and in shock. They will have a lot of emotions to work through while figuring out services and other arrangements. When meeting with a funeral home/director, make a plan of your wishes – this will lower the amount of decisions and work your loved ones need to do.
- Can I prepay for the services? You can choose to pay for your funeral and services ahead of time. This really can help your loved ones out, so they don’t have to worry about any financial decisions regarding the services. Some people assign a pre-existing life insurance policy to the funeral. Some people purchase a funeral insurance policy. Some people set up a trust fund. All funds are held within the financial instrument and not the funeral home.
- What if I arranged for a funeral elsewhere? You are always able to transfer funeral plans and our funeral home can help you with the process.
- Why do I need to preplan if I have life insurance? Life insurance eases the financial burden to family members after your passing, but it does not take care of details and planning. Pre-paid funeral plans are specifically for your funeral. The insurance policy can help with this expense plus also take care of other affairs.
- What if I want to make changes to my plan? You can make changes to your preplanned funeral arrangements at any time, whether it’s musical selections or pallbearers.
We take pride in taking care of every family that walks through our doors, and make sure to provide the highest quality of customer service. Give us a call today to get started on your plan.
Looking for a Funeral Home in Jacksonville, Florida?
As a Jacksonville, Florida, funeral home, our team at Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory know every family has different needs, and we have the expertise and skills to meet your needs when preplanning your funeral Whether you’re looking for a burial or cremation, we will work with you to start the process in your time of need. By preplanning your services, you will feel better knowing you’re putting your family in a good position once you pass.
If you have any questions about funerals, cremations or burials, please reach out to us. We believe in providing people with a wealth of information on many different topics.
If you’re looking for a funeral home in Jacksonville, Florida, our team at Evergreen can help you with the process. We are honored to help you with any funeral, cremation, and cemetery options. Call us at 904-353-3649 for more information, or visit our funeral home Jacksonville, FL contact page.