There’s a lot that goes into planning a funeral and burial and/or cremation, but it doesn’t have to be hard, especially if you work with seasoned professionals like our staff at Evergreen Cemetery. We understand that your mind is likely going in 100 directions and we want to help this process go smoothly for you.
We wanted to share with you some items you should bring with you to the funeral home when planning services that will be helpful for us and for you.
- Bring clothing, undergarments, shoes, glasses (if applicable), dentures (if applicable) jewelry (if applicable), and any other items or accessories that you want your loved one to wear during the funeral service or cremation.
- Bring a recent photograph of how your loved one wore his/her hair and makeup.
- Bring a photograph of your loved one so it can be added to an online obituary on our website and in any newspaper you prefer.
- Bring information including: his/her social security number, date of birth, wedding date, parents’ full names, names of surviving relatives, birthplace, schools, employers, physician’s name, military service. Some of these may not be applicable for your loved one. Bring any and all information about the person and his/her family and life that you can find.
- Bring a copy of his/her life insurance policy.
- Bring cemetery paperwork, funeral prearrangement, and military discharge papers (if applicable).
- Bring a few dozen photos of your loved one if you’d like a memorial video played during the visitation and before/after service.
- Bring items (photos, awards, memorabilia) with you to set up on a table for guests to view at the visiting hours.
Looking for a Funeral Home in Jacksonville, Florida?
If you have any questions about what to bring to the funeral home, please don’t be afraid to call or email us. We will make sure you have everything you need for the services to run smoothly.
Our team at Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory in Jacksonville, Fl, knows every family has different needs, and we can help you create proper services that honors your loved one.
Whether you’re looking for a burial or cremation or funeral reception services, we will work with you from start to finish throughout this process in your time of need. We know this is a difficult time, and we want to make this process as easy and seamless for you as possible. We will make sure you have everything in order.
If you have any questions about funerals, cremations or burials, please reach out to us. We want to help you during this difficult time.
If you’re looking for a funeral home in Jacksonville, Florida, Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory can help you with the process every step of the way. Call us at 904-353-3649 for more information, or visit our funeral home Jacksonville, FL contact page.