A funeral is a way for families and friends to honor their loved one after he/she passes. For many, funeral services are held at a funeral home followed by a reception or gathering post funeral – this gathering is a chance to further honor a loved one in a special way and for love ones to connect and remember the one who was lost.
At Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory, we work with people on all stages of the funeral services, and we can help you and your family plan a reception. We have a catering package we offer, as well. We have room for a reception or we can help point you in the right direction of helping you plan a reception at an outside facility or your home. We know this is such a difficult time and we want to make the planning process easy for you.
We wanted to share with you some creative things you can do or have at a funeral reception as an added touch to truly honor the uniqueness and personality of your loved one who is no longer with us.
- Serve your loved one’s favorite foods and drinks.
- Have tables full of your loved one’s favorite snacks and candies.
- Hang collages or pictures of your loved one around the venue space.
- Ask guests to share memories by either writing them down on paper to be read during the reception or with an open mic.
- Make a playlist of your loved one’s favorite songs or bands to play throughout the reception.
- Have a toast in honor of your loved one.
- Display some of your loved one’s most prized possessions.
- Have friends and family members write their names and a brief note on rocks to honor your loved one. The focks can be kept at home, in the garden, or placed somewhere meaningful to the lost loved one.
- Play the loved one’s favorite game.
- Celebrate with live music.
- Designate a memorial tree where people can place items or photos that remind them of or honor the loved one.
- Host a themed reception based on something the person loved like Star Wars, dogs, sports, etc.
Looking for a Funeral Services in Jacksonville, Florida?
If you need help planning a funeral and funeral reception, our team is there fot you.
Our team at Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory in Jacksonville, Fl, knows every family has different needs, and we can help you create proper services that reflect your wishes, your loved one’s wishes and fit within your budget.
Whether you’re looking for a burial or cremation or funeral reception services, we will work with you from start to finish throughout this process in your time of need.
If you have any questions about funerals, cremations or burials, please reach out to us. We want to help you plan services without the worry of a financail burden.
If you’re looking for a funeral home in Jacksonville, Florida, Evergreen Cemetery, Funeral Home & Crematory can help you with the process every step of the way. Call us at <a href=”tel:+19043533649″>904-353-3649</a> for more information, or visit our funeral home Jacksonville, FL contact page.